{The ABC's of Inclusion} A is to Accept Differences



The ABC's of Inclusion - A is to Accept Differences; Removing the Stumbling Block

Accept differences. It seems pretty simple, right?

No two human beings are exactly the same – by God’s design. “A human being mints many coins from the same mold, and they are all identical. But God strikes us all from the mold of the first human and each one of us is unique.” ~ Mishnah Sanhedrin 4:5

We should take pride in this. It’s what makes life interesting. But do we?

We want children, from a young age, to be themselves. And as they grow we encourage them to discover their talents and tune in to what makes them unique. But do we, as a society, genuinely value this uniqueness? Or is it that we only value talent?

The truth is that everyone – EVERYONE – has gifts to offer. And yet there is no question in my mind that we live in a society that values some gifts more than others.

I don’t really know how to undo this. I wish I did. It would be nice to write a “how to” with ten easy steps. But there’s no quick fix. Quite frankly, I don’t really know if there’s any fix. I suppose this is part of why I have written about acceptance so often:



Acceptance lives in the letter “A” of my ABC’s of Inclusion. I keep coming back. I hope that you will, too.



Subscribe to Removing the Stumbling Block so you never miss a post: 




No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like:

Do not publish, curate, sell, post, or distribute all or any part of this blog's content without express permission of the author. You are invited, however, to share links to posts on your webpage, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and other social networking sites. If you are interested in republishing any Removing the Stumbling Block content on your own blog, in a newsletter, or if you wish to use any content in another educational way, please contact me. I am also available to write unique content for your specific network.